We are located in one of the country's richest areas for internships. In addition, the University of Maryland has numerous established programs that offer credit-bearing internships. The programs are spread across campus. We have gathered together here extensive list of University of Maryland ongoing, established programs for you to review.
Find a Credit-Bearing Internships with the University of Maryland
The University of Maryland has a wide range of internship opportunities wherein University of Maryland students can earn academic credit. In these internships you receive credits upon successful completion of the internship and any associated course(s).
Internships may be available through:
- College departments and their internship coordinators (often these internships are associated with a department course)
- As part of special programs that are not associated with one specific college or department such as Federal Semester, Global Semester in Washington, D.C., or Study Abroad.
- Campus offices such as the Career Center
- As part of a major or minor such as the Global Studies Minor
University Sponsored Internship Databases
A number of campus offices and colleges maintain internship databases. Some are open to all University of Maryland students, while others are limited to students in that college. Here are four of them:
- Careers4Terps (University Career Center & The President's Promise)
- Careers4Engineers (A. James Clark Scool of Engineering)
- HireSmith (Robert H. Smith School of Business)
- SPH Internships (School of Public Health)
Additional Internship Resources
Below is a list of some resources to assist you in your search. These resources are not endorsed by the University.
This site has been created to help students locate internships in Federal agencies as well as the military units and defense contractors relocating to Maryland as a result of the Base Realignment and Closure Act of 2005 (BRAC).
A database of international internships.
A database of international internships
National Institute of Health, Office of Intramural Training & Education
Information about summer research internships in biomedical sciences at NIH agencies.
National Science Foundation listing of Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) sites